- Bot is not responsive: All bots need to be able to respond to every message type
- Scan-data: the bot should send a message to a user once they scan the scan code and start their bot experience
- Start-chatting: the bot should send a message to a user who finds the bot through search without the user sending a message first
- Stickers, GIFs
- Photos and videos
- Bot does not have a profile picture or proper branding
- A bot’s primary function cannot be to introduce people based on criteria like age, gender, or location
- Bot does not moderate user-generated content (images/text) - must be able to detect inappropriate language or images
- Bots cannot send more than one unsolicited message per day
- Bot does not perform the function it advertises effectively - this lack of clarity often confuses users about what the bot actually does
See our Developer Guidelines for a comprehensive list of things we look for when approving bots.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Email us at email@example.com.